Consignor Supplies Needed
How To Consign Clothes
How To Consign Shoes
How To Consign Toys
How To Consign Books, Etc.
How To Consign Baby Gear
How To Consign Misc Items
How To Use Voice Entry
HANGERS – in order to protect your clothing items we only accept plastic hangers. Find plastic hangers at Wal-Mart, Target, Dollar Stores. Retail plastic hangers are acceptable too.
STRING TAGS – Avery White Marking Tags Strung (size 1.75 x 1.093 inches) are required on each item to affix our barcode labels to. You can find these at Wal-Mart, office supply stores, Rhea Lana Store (link) or large quantities may be purchased from Amazon.
You’ll also need re-sealable bags (for shoes, small toys, etc…), masking tape, scotch tape, sharpie, and safety pins. For large quantities of quality safety pins we recommend ordering from Cleaners Supply .
If you would like to print your barcodes at home you’ll need adhesive address labels size 1” X 2 5/8” (30 up). We recommend ordering from Amazon Here. Please note: all labels printed at home MUST be printed in color.
ACCEPTABLE ITEMS - we accept clothing in infant, children's, Junior, and Maternity sizes.
SPRING/SUMMER EVENTS: We only accept warm weather clothing including shorts, t-shirts, tank tops, sandals and Spring/Summer Holiday attire. (Light jackets, long sleeves and light pants will also accepted)
FALL/WINTER EVENTS: We only accept cold weather clothing including coats, heavy pants, heavy shirts corduroy, snow boots, cold weather shoes, and fall/winter themed clothing. Halloween, Thanksgiving & Christmas holiday attire and items.
SWIM & DRESS-UP - accepted all year long!
PLEASE NOTE LIMITS FOR FALL 2019:
200 items per Consignor Code
No shorts, tanks, flip flops or sandals.
Please bring your very best!
We always have an abundance of Infant, Junior and Maternity clothing items. PLEASE BRING YOUR VERY BEST ITEMS IN THESE CATEGORIES.
CLOTHING PREPARATION - The better they look, the better they sell!
1) Check for stains, broken zippers, torn hemlines, missing buttons, etc. We will be double checking at the store and will not receive any item that is not in excellent condition.
2) Wash and iron your clothes!
3) USE PLASTIC HANGERS ONLY! Please, no wire hangers; we will kindly ask you to switch to plastic hangers if items are brought to Drop-Off on wire hangers! This makes shopping more pleasant for everyone. Clothes tend to fall off wire hangers and may be overlooked and not purchased if on the floor. Note: Use children's plastic hangers for sizes 8 and below. Use larger plastic hangers for sizes 10 and above. Plastic hangers can be purchased at discount stores like Walmart, Target and dollar stores. Some retail clothing stores will gladly give you plastic hangers upon your request!
***When hanging your clothing items, make sure the hanger is facing to the left so it looks like a question mark - ?***
4) Group items together so that they will equal a value of at least $3.00. Infant sleeping gowns or onesies and children's pajamas are great to group together as a set of 2 or 3. They may be pinned together on one hanger.
5) Use larger safety pins to attach all pants to a hanger, ironed flat front. Pants that are folded over on a hanger tend to end up on the floor.
6) All sets and accessories need to be pinned securely together, with pants hung on the back of the shirt; pin the waist of the pants to the shoulders of the shirt. Both pieces need to be seen without unpinning them. If a shirt/pant set are on separate hangers, rubber band the hangers together.
7) When you are preparing and sorting your clothing items, sort them by gender and size. This will make your online entry process more organized AND will help streamline Consignor Drop Off.
We accept like-new shoes in Infant through Junior Sizes!
Winter boots: accepted at Fall/Winter Event Only!
Summer Sandals: accepted at Spring/Summer Event Only!
Shoes are difficult to tag, so please follow these guidelines to insure shoes remain together:
1) Write your consignor number and price on masking tape, placing on bottom of both shoes.
2) Safety pin the price tag to a shoe lace or through the shoe eyelet.
3) Shoes can be zip tied together or placed (with attached price tag) inside ziptop bag.
ZIP TIED IS OUR PREFERRED METHOD!! WE WILL NOT ACCEPT SHOES WITH SCUFFED TOES, DIRTY OR DISCOLORED SOLES.
BLANKETS - Hang and pin blankets over hangers so that the item is fully visible to shoppers. If you have small receiving blankets, group 2 or 3 together in a ziptop bag. Secure the bag closed with clear packing tape and tape or pin the string part of the tag to the outside of the ziptop bag leaving the tag itself free. Please do not stick the barcode label to the item or ziptop bag...only adhere it to a white string tag. It is also recommended to write your Consignor ID and price on the ziptop bag with a Sharpee in the case the tag comes off. BEDDING - Due to new safety and sanitation regulations in the state of California, we will no longer accept bedding or crib mattresses. We will still accept sheets, but not bumpers, comforters etc. Any bedding filled with fluff will NO LONGER be accepted.
Bottles, bibs, rattles, socks, bows, etc...
Group these items together appropriately in ziptop bags. Secure the bag closed with clear packing tape and tape or pin the string part of the tag to the outside of the ziptop bag leaving the tag itself free. Please do not stick the barcode label to the item or ziptop bag...only adhere it to a white string tag. It is also recommended to write your Consignor ID and price on the ziptop bag with a Sharpie in the case the tag comes off.
Toy recall information- Due to the high number of toy recalls during the past year, we will be inspecting toys very carefully. We reserve the right to pull any toy that we think might have been recalled. To help us, please do not bring any toys that have been subject to a recall. You may check the following website for current toy recalls: www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/category/toy.html.
Also for a helpful resource made available by the Consumer Product Safety Commission Click here.
Large Little Tikes Toys, Furniture, and Baby Equipment are in high demand! We typically sell 95% of them at our events. Use strong clear packing tape to secure the string part of the tag only to the large item leaving the tag itself free. Please do not stick the barcode label to the item or ziptop bag...only adhere the label to a white string tag. In addtion, please write your Consignor ID and price of the item on a piece of masking tape and attach to your large toys and children's furniture. This will enable us to sell your item even if the tag comes off!
All toys must be clean and in working order (batteries included). We will not be able to accept toys that are not packaged appropriately. Please take time to:
1) Bag and attach small parts very securely to the main part of the toy. If parts get separated, it will not sell. Please write your Consignor ID (using a Sharpee on the ziptop bag OR use masking tape) on separate pieces to ensure that they stay together!
2) For GAMES, please ensure all pieces are included and batteries work (if applicable). The item will be checked at Consignor Check-In, and then you can tape the game to close and secure.
3) PUZZLES should be wrapped securely in clear Plastic Wrap to keep the pieces intact.
4) Group SMALL TOYS, BOOKS or VIDEOS together according to likeness and put in ziptop bags.
5.) Group items together so that they will equal a value of $3 or greater.
***Secure the bag closed with clear packing tape and tape or pin the string part of the tag to the outside of the ziptop bag leaving the tag itself free. Please do not stick the barcode label to the item or ziptop bag...only adhere it to a white string tag. It is also recommended to write your Consignor ID and price on the ziptop bag with a Sharpee in the case the tag comes off.
Stuffed Animals: We will no longer be accepting stuffed animals at our Temecula Event.
We care about the safety of your children! For this reason, Car Seats will be closely inspected to insure they meet CPS standards. Please make sure that your Car Seat meets the following CPS requirements before consigning:
1) Manufactured within the past 5 years (date located on side of car seat).
2) Never been in a car accident.
3) Has NOT been subject to a recall You may check the following website for current recalls: www.carseat.org/Recalls/179NP.pdf You will be asked to sign a car seat waiver stating your car seat has all the pieces and is in excellent condition and not more than five years old. After insuring that your car seat meets CPS safety requirements, please thoroughly clean the seat cover and straps. Pin the white string tag to the top right side of car seat.
"Because of our high regard for the safety of children and in light of the recent ruling by the CPSC, Rhea Lana's Inc. will no longer be accepting ANY cribs manufactured before December 2010. Cribs manufactured between December 2010 and June 28, 2011, must have a certificate of compliance and not be recalled to be consigned with Rhea Lana's. Any crib manufactured after June 28, 2011, and has not been recalled, can be consigned as long as it meets Rhea Lana's quality standards."
We do accept Pack n Plays and Bassinettes.
If you have any questions well be happy to help! Contact Jeanette Maines at email@example.com.